TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Thanks to a fourth-quarter field goal by Will Reichard, the White Team edged the Crimson Team, 13-10, in the 2021 Golden Flake A-Day Football Game inside Bryant-Denny Stadium. A total of 47,218 fans were in attendance for the Crimson Tide’s final spring session of the season.
Quarterback Bryce Young won the Dixie Howell Memorial Award (MVP of the A-Day Game), while defensive lineman Jah-Marien Latham earned the Dwight Stephenson Award (Most Valuable Lineman of the A-Day Game).
On offense, Young went 25-for-44 for 333 yards and a touchdown, which went to Cameron Latu for 59 yards. Traeshon Holden was the leading receiver, finishing with nine catches for 89 yards.
DeMarcco Hellams led the defense with 12 tackles, one forced fumble and a pass breakup, while Jaylen Moody recovered a fumble and scored for the Crimson Team. Both Ga’Quincy McKinstry and Kristian Story recorded interceptions for the White Team.
How It Happened
- 10:16 – White | Will Reichard kicks a 22-yard field goal to open the day’s scoring as the White Team takes an early 3-0 lead.
- 10:26 – White | Bryce Young finds Cameron Latu in the middle of the field for a 59-yard touchdown pass. Will Reichard follows with the extra point.
- 0:53 – Crimson | Chris Braswell causes a fumble inside the 15. Jaylen Moody recovers the ball and returns it one yard for a touchdown. Chase Allen kicks the extra point.
- 7:47 – Crimson | Chase Allen kicks a 48-yard field goal to even the score at 10-10 after a 12-play, 40-yard drive.
- 1:27 – White | After an 11-play, 58-yard drive, Will Reichard clears a 19-yard field goal to move the White Team ahead 13-10.