The Crimson Tide tallied 302 yards through the air and totaled eight tackles for loss on the night
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The No. 2/3/3 University of Alabama football team beat the LSU Tigers, 20-14, at Bryant-Denny Stadium Saturday night. The Crimson Tide goes to 8-1-0 overall and 5-1-0 in Southeastern Conference play, while the Tigers drop to 4-5-0 overall and 2-4-0 in SEC play.
Quarterback Bryce Young completed 24-of-37 passes for 302 yards and two touchdowns. Wide receiver Jameson Williams totaled 160 yards off 10 reception, including a 58-yard touchdown catch. Wide receiver John Metchie III came away with 73 receiving yards and a touchdown on nine catches. Running back Brian Robinson Jr. rushed 13 times for 18 yards and a touchdown on the night.
Linebacker Will Anderson Jr., led the Tide defense with a dozen tackles on the night, including eight solo stops, four tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks and a pass breakup. Linebacker Henry To’oTo’o tallied nine tackles and forced a fumble. Overall, linebackers Anderson Jr. (1.5), Christian Harris (.5) and Dallas Tuner (2), along with defensive lineman Phidarian Mathis (1), combined for five sacks (-29 yards) on the night.
Placekicker Will Reichard connected on two extra points during the game.
- Jameson Williams continues to be a consistent explosive threat for the Crimson Tide, catching a 58-yard touchdown pass from Bryce Young in the third quarter against the Tigers.
- It marked his seventh reception of at least 55 yards or more, with all seven of those leading the team’s longest plays of the season.
- Six of those seven plays led to touchdowns.
- Jalyn Armour-Davis caught his third interception of the season leading the Alabama defense.
- Alabama has forced 103 interceptions in the last 94 games, including tonight’s contest, and has returned 36 of those miscues for touchdowns.
- Will Anderson Jr. tied his career high with four tackles for loss (-13 yards), while tacking on 1.5 sacks for -8 yards.
- The sophomore recorded 3.5 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks in the first half.
- He continues to lead the nation with 21 tackles for loss (-88 yards).
- After LSU accumulated 68 yards on its opening drive, the Alabama defense held the Tigers to just nine yards of total offense for the remainder of the first half.
- Alabama’s captains against LSU were linebacker Will Anderson Jr., defensive lineman Phidarian Mathis and wide receiver John Metchie III.
How It Happened
- 08:33 – LSU | Max Johnson connected with Brian Thomas Jr. on an eight-yard touchdown pass to close out a drive that lasted eight plays and 68 yards.
- 02:52 – UA | Brian Robinson Jr. scored on a two-yard rushing touchdown, capping a 12-play, 77-yard drive.
- 00:48 – UA | Bryce Young found John Metchie III in the LSU end zone on an eight-yard touchdown pass to conclude a five-play, 39-yard series, thanks to an interception by Jalyn Armour-Davis.
- 12:51 – UA | Jameson Williams caught a 58-yard touchdown pass from Young, closing out a two-play, 58-yard drive, thanks to a recovered fumble by Phidarian Mathis.
- 02:27 – LSU | Johnson hit Jack Bech on a on an eight-yard touchdown pass to cap a 14-play, 89 yard drive.
Alabama returns to Bryant-Denny Stadium to host New Mexico State on Saturday, Nov. 13 for an 11 a.m. CT kickoff on SEC Network.