Nick Saban’s 10th A-Day Highlights Busy Weekend at Alabama
The Mercedes-Benz Fan Fest gets the day started at 8 a.m. followed by the Alumni Flag Football Game and the QB Challenge at halftime
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama head coach Nick Saban concludes his 10th spring practice in Tuscaloosa with the annual Golden Flake A-Day Game Saturday at 2 p.m. inside Bryant-Denny Stadium.
A myriad of activities punctuate the 2016 Golden Flake A-Day Game that will be televised on ESPN by Kirk Herbstreit, Joe Tessitore and Joey Galloway. Gates open at 11 a.m. and admission will once again be free to the public.
- The Mercedes-Benz Fan Fest will take place at 8 a.m. and is open to the public outside the North end zone (corner of University Boulevard and Wallace Wade Drive).
- The Alumni Flag Football Game begins at 11:30 a.m. inside Bryant-Denny Stadium and will feature former Alabama greats. The game is slated for two 20-minutes halves and should wrap up around 12:15 p.m.
- At 12:15 p.m., head coach Nick Saban and 2016 captains Jake Coker, Derrick Henry, Ryan Kelly and Reggie Ragland will address the crowd. The captains will then leave prints of their hands and cleats in the concrete at Denny Chimes.
- The Crimson Tide will hold a Walk of Champions scheduled for 12:50 p.m. when the team arrives at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- There will be a special pregame video featuring some of the great moments of the Coach Saban era.
- Alabama’s Heisman Trophy winners Mark Ingram and Derrick Henry will also be on hand for A-Day. The Heisman Trophy Trust will present Alabama with the program’s copy of Henry’s 2015 Heisman Trophy.
- This year’s halftime entertainment will feature the Alabama Quarterback Challenge with former Crimson Tide signal-callers from the last 10 years.
- Throughout the 2016 A-Day Game former Crimson Tide greats, current NFL stars and former captains from the Saban era will be recognized as we celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Sabans first spring in Tuscaloosa.
- This year fans will again have the opportunity to upgrade their experience at A-Day with a number of experiences and seating upgrades now available for purchase at Rolltide.expapp.com.
- A-Day posters featuring head coach Nick Saban and 10 Crimson Tide greats during the last 10 years, along with the 2016 schedule will be given away at the gates to the first 12,500 fans.
- Coach Saban will present the spring awards to the team at midfield at the conclusion of the game.
- Once the team has cleared the field, for the third straight year at A-Day, all fans will have post-game field access. Fans may enter through any of the four corner gates.
- Public parking for A-Day is free and first-come/first-serve with Crimson Ride shuttles running from the east side of campus to the Quad.
- The Amway Coaches Trophy will be on display for fans to take pictures with at the Mercedes-Benz Fan Fest.
- There will also be activities going on throughout Tuscaloosa and the Alabama campus on A-Day weekend. The Crimson Tide baseball team hosts Ole Miss on April 15-17, with the series getting underway at 7 p.m. from Sewell-Thomas Stadium. Country music artist Chris Young will throw out the first pitch on April 15 prior to his 7:30 p.m. concert at the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater. The men’s tennis team will then play host to Vanderbilt in the regular-season finale on Sunday, April 17, at The University of Alabama Tennis Stadium.