The recognition is Smith’s second this season
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Alabama football’s DeVonta Smith was selected as the Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week, the league office announced on Monday. The honor is Smith’s second this season as the senior was also selected following the Kentucky matchup.
Offensive Player of the Week
- Put together another standout performance against LSU for a second consecutive year
- Caught eight passes for 231 yards and three touchdowns, including seven catches for 219 yards in the first half alone
- Recorded his second 200-plus yard game of 2020 and the fourth of his career to set the Alabama mark for career 200-yard receiving games
- Six of his eight receptions converted first downs or a touchdown with scoring plays from 65, 61 and 20 yards out
- Averaged 28.9 yards per reception with four catches of 20-plus yards