The quarterback rakes in a handful of honors after performance at Mississippi State
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – University of Alabama quarterback Bryce Young picked up a pair of national honors Monday, being named to the Davey O’Brien Great 8 and the Manning Award Stars of the Week lists after his performance at Mississippi State last weekend.
- Threw for 348 yards and four touchdowns against the Bulldogs and sported a passer efficiency rating of 223.0
- Completed 71.4 percent of his throws on 20-of-28 passing at Davis Wade Stadium
- The sophomore gained 34 yards on the ground, including two rushes for Crimson Tide first downs on a pair of 13- and 12-yard runs, respectively
- Finished 7-of-7 passing on third down for 178 yards with three of those plays resulting in a touchdown
- Converted eight first downs in Starkville, with six passing and two rushing
- The performance against State marked the third time this season that Young has had at least four passing touchdowns to lead the SEC in that category