The honor is Williams’ first of the season and first at Alabama
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Alabama wideout/kick returner Jameson Williams was named the Southeastern Conference’s Special Teams Player of the Week, the league office announced Monday. The honor is Williams’ first as a member of the Crimson Tide and UA’s fourth league honor of the season.
Special Teams Player of the Week
- Totaled 177 yards and two touchdowns on his three kickoff returns
- Became the first player in Alabama history to return two kickoffs for a touchdown in the same game
- Just the second player in program records to return a pair of kickoffs for touchdowns in a career
- The two returns for scores were the 27th and 28th in school history
- His 100-yard return was the eighth such instance in Alabama records with his second score coming from 83 yards out