The redshirt senior has devoted significant time to volunteer efforts during his time at the Capstone
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Alabama offensive lineman Emil Ekiyor Jr. was selected to the 2022 Southeastern Conference Community Service Team, the league office announced Wednesday morning.
The SEC names a Community Service Team for its 21-league sponsored sports, looking to highlight an athlete from each school who gives back to his community through superior service efforts.
SEC Community Service Team
Emil Ekiyor Jr., Offensive Lineman
- One of the most significant contributors to the Crimson Tide’s community service efforts
- His volunteer opportunities over the last five years at the Capstone are highlighted by his partnership with Samaritan’s Feet
- Ekiyor Jr. partnered with the organization to provide 25,000 students (ages 4-14) in Alabama with a new pair of shoes to start the 2022-23 academic year
- The Indianapolis native also volunteered with the Nick’s Kids Habitat for Humanity builds
- Rounded out his service efforts by working with children in the local community, specifically at the Tuscaloosa Juvenile Detention Center, Alberta Head Start Program and in elementary schools across Tuscaloosa County