The junior is one of 21 semifinalists for the O’Brien, which is presented each year to the nation’s top quarterback
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama’s Bryce Young was selected as a semifinalist for the Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award, the Davey O’Brien National Selection Committee announced on Tuesday afternoon.
Young is one of 21 semifinalists on the 2022 list. The reigning O’Brien Award winner, Young is joined by Mac Jones (2020) as the Crimson Tide’s only two honorees in program history.
The Davey O’Brien Foundation was created in 1977 and the National Quarterback Award was first presented in 1981. It is given each year to the nation’s top quarterback. Finalists for the O’Brien will be announced on Tuesday, Nov. 29, with the 2022 winner receiving the award live on Dec. 8 as part of ESPN’s Home Depot College Football Awards show.
Davey O’Brien Award
Bryce Young, Quarterback
- One of the nation’s top passers and the reigning O’Brien winner
- The second-rated passer nationally with 90.3 grade from Pro Football Focus
- Ranks third in the SEC and 11th in the country among Power 5 arms for passing touchdowns with 22
- Totaled 2,443 yards on 192-of-305 passing with the 22 scores compared to four interceptions
- Added 37 rushes for 157 yards and three touchdowns on the ground