Crimson Tide group a candidate for the nation’s most outstanding offensive line unit
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Alabama offensive line was selected as one of three finalists for the Joe Moore Award, the Foundation for Teamwork announced Monday. The Joe Moore Award is presented annually to the nation’s top offensive line unit. Alabama is joined by No. 4 Notre Dame and No. 5 Texas A&M on the finalists list.
- Alabama’s starting offensive line has only allowed quarterback Mac Jones to be sacked eight times in 11 games on 377 dropbacks, or one sack 47.1 dropbacks, while Jones leads the nation in passing efficiency
- The Crimson Tide leads the nation in rushing touchdowns with 35 (3.2 per game) while ranking third in the SEC in rushing offense (189.8 ypg)
- The Alabama offensive front has blocked for the nation’s top-ranked Power Five scoring offense (49.7 ppg), the No. 1 pass efficiency offense (197.5) and No. 5 total offense (543.9)
- The Crimson Tide offensive line features leading candidates for the Outland Trophy (Alex Leatherwood) and Rimington Trophy (Landon Dickerson)
- The veteran group boasts 121 career starts and their play has been the catalyst behind Alabama’s three Heisman Trophy candidates Najee Harris, Mac Jones and DeVonta Smith
The Joe Moore Award is named after Joe Moore, widely regarded as one of the best offensive line coaches in college football history and is the only major college football award to honor a unit. The award annually recognizes the nation’s most outstanding offensive line unit that best displays toughness, effort, teamwork, physicality, tone-setting and finishing.
Alabama previously won the award in 2015. The award’s voting committee will announce the winner of the 2020 Joe Moore Award after a surprise presentation to the winning unit’s university at a mutually agreed upon time in the near future.
Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaFTBL on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaFBL on Instagram. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.