Turner finished his first season in Tuscaloosa with 30 total tackles, including 10 for loss and 8.5 sacks
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama linebacker Dallas Turner was selected as a Football Writers Association of America Freshman All-American, the FWAA announced on Monday.
Turner was also selected as a Freshman All-American by 247Sports following the conclusion of the regular season. Additionally, the linebacker earned Freshman All-SEC accolades from the conference coaches.
- Saw time in all 15 games as a freshman with three starts
- Totaled 30 tackles, including 10 for loss (-58 yards) and 8.5 sacks (-40 yards)
- Added five quarterback hurries and a fumble recovery in his rookie campaign
- Increased his minutes and impact as the season wore on, posting 19 of his tackles, nine of his tackles for loss and all 8.5 of his sacks across the Tide’s final seven contests
- Recorded at least half a tackle for loss in each of the final seven games while contributing 1.5 or more TFLs in three of those matchups
- Totaled at least one sack in six of his last seven games including multi-sack totals in three games