Tagovailoa earned Offensive Player of the Week recognition while Dickerson was the Offensive Lineman of the Week
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Alabama football’s Tua Tagovailoa and Landon Dickerson were each selected for Southeastern Conference Player of the Week honors, the league office announced on Monday morning. Tagovailoa earned Offensive Player of the Week, his second this season, while Dickerson was named Offensive Lineman of the Week.
Offensive Player of the Week
- Shined in his first SEC matchup of the 2019 campaign, going 28-of-36 for 444 yards and five touchdowns
- With his day in Columbia, Tagovailoa became the first quarterback in Alabama history to throw for 400-plus yards and five touchdowns in the same game
- His 444 yards through the air were a new career high and ranked as the third-most in a single game in program history. The junior’s five touchdown passes matched his career-best mark which he previously set against Auburn to close out last year’s regular season slate.
- Led seven scoring drives, including five touchdowns and two field goals, in nine total drives and registered a 227.21 passer efficiency rating by day’s end
Offensive Lineman of the Week
- The redshirt junior turned in his most consistent performance as a member of the Crimson Tide
- Saw 58 snaps at guard and did not allow a quarterback hurry, pressure or sack against the Gamecocks
- Dickerson was good on all assignments and helped the Crimson Tide roll up 576 yards of total offense against the Gamecocks.
- Provided time for Tagovailoa to throw for a career-high 444 yards and five touchdowns in Alabama’s 47-23 victory over South Carolina to kick off SEC play