Tagovailoa named Co-Offensive Player of the Week while Dale was named as the Co-Defensive Lineman
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Alabama football’s Tua Tagovailoa and DJ Dale were selected as part of the Southeastern Conference’s Players of the Week, the league office announced on Monday morning. Tagovailoa earned Co-Offensive Player of the Week recognition while Dale was named as the Co-Defensive Lineman of the Week.
Co-Offensive Player of the Week
- Tagovailoa led an Alabama offense that put up 42 points and 512 yards of total offense.
- The junior quarterback finished with a career-high total for completions as part of a 26-for-31 performance that resulted in 336 yards and four touchdowns.
- Completed passes to nine different receivers, including five wideouts, two tight ends and two running backs while averaging 12.9 yards per completion and 10.8 yards per attempt for the night
Co-Defensive Lineman of the Week
- Put together a standout performance in the trenches in his first career start, finishing with three tackles including half a stop for a loss
- Helped the Tide defense limit Duke’s rushing attack to only 107 yards on 32 carries as part of 204 total yards on the afternoon