The honor was Harris’ third of the week to go with SEC and Walter Camp accolades
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama football’s Najee Harris was selected as the Maxwell Player of the Week, the Maxwell Football Club announced on Tuesday morning. The honor is Harris’ third of the week after he was honored as both the Walter Camp and Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week.
Maxwell Player of the Week
- Carried the ball 23 times for 206 yards and five touchdowns against the Rebels
- The yardage and touchdown totals were both career-high marks for the senior
- Scored from five, 33, three, 16 and 39 yards out with the 39-yarder sealing the win for Alabama
- Also caught three passes for 42 yards, converting a Tide first down on each reception
- Totaled 10 rushing touchdowns through three games, the most in the SEC in at least the last 15 seasons