Crimson Tide redshirt junior is one of 12 candidates for national quarterback of the year honor
NEW ORLEANS – University of Alabama quarterback Mac Jones has been named one of 12 finalists for the Manning Award, the Allstate Sugar Bowl announced Thursday.
Quarterback, Redshirt Junior
- One of college football’s top passers who leads the nation in seven separate categories highlighted by total QBR (96.0), NFL passer rating (140.2), collegiate pass efficiency rating (203.9) and completion percentage (76.4)
- Threw 3,321 passing yards to rank fourth in Division I while averaging 332.1 yards per game, good for fifth nationally
- Recorded 13 touchdowns and 1,154 yards with a 232.75 passer rating against ranked opponents (Texas A&M, Georgia, Auburn)
- Recorded three of the Crimson Tide’s nine 400-plus yard passing performances in program history during the 2020 campaign, tying for the most by any UA quarterback
- Tied for second in SEC history in single-season 400-plus yard passing performances
The winner will be announced after the bowls in January. The Manning Award was created by the Allstate Sugar Bowl in honor of the college football accomplishments of Archie, Peyton and Eli Manning. It is the only quarterback award that takes the candidates’ bowl performances into consideration in its balloting.