The league honor is the first of the junior’s career
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Alabama football’s Alex Leatherwood was selected as the Southeastern Conference’s Offensive Lineman of the Week, the league office announced on Monday morning. The league honor is the first of Leatherwood’s career.
Offensive Lineman of the Week
- Turned in a dominant performance in the Crimson Tide’s 35-13 win over Tennessee last Saturday
- Helped the Alabama offense average 6.4 yards per play on the night, including 140 rushing yards
- The junior opened holes for a 5.2 yards per carry average on 28 carries from the Tide running backs
- Totaled 62 snaps, missing only one assignment
- Did not allow a sack, hurry or quarterback pressure against the Vols