Crimson Tide continued preparations for the annual Golden Flake A-Day Game on April 22
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The University of Alabama football team held a two-hour practice session in full pads on Wednesday afternoon under the roof of the Hank Crisp Indoor Facility, marking the seventh workout of spring drills.
The Crimson Tide will practice again on Friday before holding its first scrimmage of the spring Saturday, April 8, at Bryant-Denny Stadium (closed to the public). Alabama will hold one more scrimmage prior to the 2017 Golden Flake A-Day Spring Football Game. The annual A-Day Game is scheduled for Saturday, April 22, at 2 p.m. CT inside Bryant-Denny Stadium. The A-Day Game will be televised live on ESPN for the second year in a row and is free to the public. Joe Tessitore, Joey Galloway and Kirk Herbstreit will call the game from the sidelines with Laura Rutledge providing additional insight.
In the interest of enhancing existing security measures at games, a clear bag policy will be in effect.
Fans are encouraged not to bring any types of bags inside SEC stadiums during football games; however, the following outlines bags that are permitted:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″;
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar); and
- Small clutch bags, with or without a handle or strap, that do not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″ (approximately the size of a hand).
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
- An approved logo no larger than 4.5″ x 3.4″ may be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag.
- Fans will continue to be able to carry items allowed into the stadium in a permissible clear bag, such as binoculars and cameras.
Alabama head coach Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide football coaching staff are slated to host the 2017 Clinic of Champions April 6-8 on The University of Alabama campus. The clinic features Atlanta Falcons head coach Dan Quinn, Houston Texans head coach Bill O’Brien, United States Naval Academy head coach Ken Niumatalolo, Duke head coach David Cutcliffe and Minnesota Vikings offensive line coach Tony Sparano.
Registration begins at the door at 5 p.m. CT on April 6 at Coleman Coliseum. The cost is $60 and can be paid with cash, school check or money order (no personal checks). The Clinic of Champions is open to coaches only. All coaches attending are asked to bring their coaches card for verification.