Crimson Tide continue preparations for annual Golden Flake A-Day Game on April 22
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The University of Alabama football team practiced in full pads for two hours Monday afternoon outdoors at the Thomas-Drew Practice Fields.
It was the Crimson Tide’s 10th practice of spring drills and the first following Saturday’s scrimmage at Bryant-Denny Stadium. The Tide will practice again on Wednesday before holding its second scrimmage of the spring on Friday, April 14.
Alabama’s 2017 Golden Flake A-Day Game is scheduled for Saturday, April 22, at 2 p.m. CT at Bryant-Denny Stadium. The A-Day Game is once again free to the public and will be broadcast on ESPN with Joe Tessitore, Joey Galloway and Kirk Herbstreit calling the action with Laura Rutledge providing additional insight.
In the interest of enhancing existing security measures at games, a clear bag policy will be in effect for A-Day.
Fans are encouraged not to bring any types of bags inside SEC stadiums during football games; however, the following outlines bags that are permitted:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″;
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar); and
- Small clutch bags – with or without a handle or strap – that do not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″ (approximately the size of a hand).
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
- An approved logo no larger than 4.5″ x 3.4″ may be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag.
- Fans will continue to be able to carry items allowed into the stadium in a permissible clear bag, such as binoculars and cameras.