Two apiece on offense and defense with one on special teams all earned the recognition
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Alabama coaching staff named five players of the week following Alabama’s 31-29 win at Florida on Saturday afternoon. Jase McClellan and Brian Robinson Jr. on offense; Will Anderson Jr. and Phidarian Mathis on defense; and Jordan Battle on special teams all earned the honor for their efforts in the Tide’s top-15 win in Gainesville.
- Contributed 58 all-purpose yards against the Gators
- Tied for second in receptions with four totaling 41 combined yards and a touchdown
- Added nine rushes for 17 yards on the ground
Brian Robinson Jr.
- Led the Alabama running backs in carries and yards, recording 15 rushes for 78 yards
- Found the end zone from three yards out for the Tide’s last touchdown of the day
- Also found the end zone through the air on his lone reception of seven yards
Will Anderson Jr.
- Finished with seven total tackles while also adding one quarterback hurry
- Spent the afternoon in the Gator backfield, totaling a team-high and career-best 3.5 tackles for loss (-8 yards)
- Helped the UA defense finish with nine tackles for loss, its most in a game since the Tide totaled 10 at Arkansas on Dec. 12 of last season
- Posted a career-high seven tackles to tie for third on the Alabama defense
- Applied constant pressure up the middle, recording one tackle for loss (-2 yards), half a sack (-1 yard) and one quarterback hurry
- Made one tackle on the opening kickoff to set Florida at its own 17-yard marker
- Helped limit the Gators to only 15 combined yards across two kickoff returns