Seven on offense, two on defense and three on special teams were recognized
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Alabama coaching staff selected 12 players of the week following the Crimson Tide’s dominant 49-27 win over Auburn last Saturday. Tyler Booker, Javion Cohen, Emil Ekiyor Jr., JC Latham, Seth McLaughlin, Tyler Steen and Bryce Young on offense; Will Anderson Jr. and Brian Branch on defense; and Ja’Corey Brooks, James Burnip and Emmanuel Henderson Jr. on special teams were all recognized for their efforts in the Iron Bowl win.
Crimson Tide Offensive Line
- Blocked for a Crimson Tide offense that produced 516 total yards and seven touchdowns on the day
- Kept Bryce Young upright with zero sacks allowed while the junior threw for 343 yards and three scores
- Opened holes for the Tide ground game to accumulate 173 yards and four touchdowns while averaging an impressive 5.1 yards per tote
- Put together another impressive performance, accounting for four touchdowns and 391 yards of total offense
- Finished 20-of-31 passing for 343 yards and three touchdowns
- Added five rushes for 48 yards and a score
- Eclipsed the 3,000-yard marker with his showing against the Tigers to make him the only quarterback in Alabama history to throw for 3,000-plus yards in two separate seasons
Will Anderson Jr.
- Spent the night in the Auburn backfield
- Finished with five tackles, including three tackles for loss (-12 yards) and two sacks (-11 yards)
- Also contributed two quarterback hurries, part of the Tide’s eight total as a unit
- Recorded eight tackles, including one for loss (-1 yard)
- Helped the Alabama secondary limit the Tigers to only 77 yards through the air on 11-of-23 passing
- Returned three kickoffs for 57 combined yards with a long of 24
- Added a team-high tying four receptions for 76 yards and a touchdown from his wide receiver post
- Totaled 133 all-purpose yards by day’s end, good for second on UA
- Punted three times for 136 yards to average 45.3 yards per boot
- Had a long punt of 47 that was muffed and eventually grabbed by UA for a huge turnover before halftime
Emmanuel Henderson Jr.
- Continued to make a significant contribution to the Tide’s coverage units
- Finished with one tackle on kickoff coverage